Here are just 7 of the highlights and special moments from a packed year in the heart of the Trossachs.
1. A Royal Visit – well more a celebration of the anniversary of a very important one. In October 2019 we marked the 160th year of Queen Victoria visiting Loch Katrine to open its new aqueduct.
2. Gordon on BBC Radio 2 – Our MD Gordon Allan (pictured above) was interviewed by Alan Carr and Melanie Sykes on their radio show. This was because Loch Katrine was chosen as one of the UK’s best days out by their Radio 2 show.
3. Wizards & Witches – this year we launched another family fun weekend, this time featuring magic from wizards and witches. This was a huge success, with another one planned for 2020.
4. Pirates Ahoy! The Wizards and Witches weekend was inspired by the huge success of our Pirates Ahoy! weekend. Once again we weren’t disappointed by the amazing costumes worn by the children that sailed across the weekend.
5. The Pier Cafe – this year we launched a new menu, with additional opening times. The afternoon teas in particular have received rave reviews.
6. Mobility Scooters – we work hard to ensure the greatest accessibility across the Loch Katrine experience.
7. Outlander – here is the steamship sailing past the spot where TV programme Outlander was filmed. Our skippers point out the exact location during the cruises.